I know my last post was about an anniversary...well today marks another anniversary for me. Perhaps it is in fact, as the Deftones say, an anniversary of an uninteresting event (also, I just love that song), but while the event itself may have been uninteresting, it certainly set off a VERY interesting series of events! That being the case, I felt it deserved a celebration of the best and happiest kind. I called my dear friend and social coordinator, Sarah, and told her to get something together. So on Friday night, I bought some champagne and we drove to West Hartford and met up with 6 or 7 fairly awesome people... We had a fantastic meal at Ichiban that included a higher-than-recommended number of sake bombs followed by a mini, impromptu YouTube dance party and an icy walk to SideBar where we continued some seriously amazing, Russian-encouraged debauchery. After what seemed like 10 hours of dancing, laughing and fun, Sarah and I were rescued by a certain blonde hero and his trusty muscular sidekick and the night took another turn. By 5am, I felt I had honored the anniversary with an appropriate level of celebratory fun. (I think at one point during the night, Timur actually said I looked "too happy" ...check!)
My favorite part? Mother nature chimed in to the festivities by symbolically dumping a blanket of fresh snow all over us through the night and into the next day--toasting my clean slate. Cheers!
![]() |
| sake! sake! sake! |
![]() |
| this might be what "too happy" looks like.. |




ichiban = ichiro? Guess not haha, also sidebar is so fun !! glad you had a great time dancing =)
ReplyDelete-J