Thursday, April 5, 2012

Welcome, 28!

Will photos be enough this time? I somehow don't feel much like writing... my mind is wandering like crazy. But I wanted to share some of what's been going on, so enjoy a bit of a picture tour!

Asheville
Went to Asheville to soak up all the culture and spend time with a very dear friend, who reminded me that I am happiest when I treat life like an adventure, that music always makes you better, and that love is precious. 

vagabond musicians in downtown Asheville

a nice hike and killer waterfall

zoomed out


Triple Falls -- nice picnic site!

along the Blue Ridge Parkway

amazing afternoon drive


sunset hike w Phil



hazy horizon

magnificent North Carolina sunset




Santa Barbara
I spent a lovely birthday weekend in Santa Barbara with Becca. We had a gorgeous dinner at Seagrass restaurant (with wine pairings!) and took a trip to a few vineyards the next day. We ran on the beach at night with little Penny and celebrated in the best way possible! 
fog rolls over the road on our way north

overlook en route to Santa Barbara
dinner at Seagrass

Alma Rosa vineyard

nice spot to sit and sip

Rebecca channels Virginia Madsen

zin in the woods

flight of zin

turning 28 in room 28!

heading south

ostrich farm? of course!!

hi friends

bahahaha

pastries and coffee in Slovang




Los Angeles
No photos yet!! I am getting over a killer ear infection that had me out of commission for 2 weeks or so. Trying to write a little something every day and trying to gain focus for my muddled mind. The weather is getting warmer--good for hiking and wearing sweatshirts on the beach--and I am spending time outdoors and trying to soak up as much music and art as possible each day. Last night was a MIND BOGGLING show by the Barr Brothers at Hotel Cafe, tomorrow an improv show featuring the very talented James Mastriani, and Saturday a poetry reading by the recently published, hypnotizing word genie, Jeremy Radin. Can't wait... See you soon! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment